Education Projects: Artists-in-Residence Project
Online registration is available during the registration period only.
- 19:45 pm - 20:45 pm
- Studio Theatre, Hong Kong Cultural Centre
Organised by Hong Kong Arts Festival and supported by BNP Paribas, the Artists-in-Residence programme is a unique six-month outreach project. Students from three local schools will learn and create a fascinating performance piece with guidance from PPS Danse Artistic Director Pierre-Paul Savoie and his team, alongside young local choreographer Joseph Lee.
Lecture Demonstrations – Four Introductory Talks with live demonstrations have been conducted by Joseph Lee in participating schools; these introduced the programme and PPS Danse through a series of interactive games.
Workshops by overseas and local artists – Following an audition process, participating students will go through three workshop phases conducted by Pierre-Paul Savoie, Joseph Lee and their dancers. Students will learn how to integrate dance, drama and music with skipping-rope play and ball games in order to create a theatre performance piece.
Attending Performances – Students will be invited to attend performances of PPS Danse’s Playing Hooky at the 46th Hong Kong Arts Festival in 2018.
Public Showcase and Student Showcase - Following the workshop period, students will share what they have learnt over the previous five months with their schoolmates and members of the general public in two showcase performances.
Free admission for 2017/18 Young Friends Members. Limited Quota. Registration required.
25 Feb 2018
Terms and Conditions
- This activity registration is for 2017/18 Young Friends members only.
- 2017/18 Young Friends members who would like to participate in the captioned event, please register according to the membership type on the right hand column.
- Activity quotas are limted and are allocated on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- After completing the online registration, successful applicants will be notified by email by 26 Feb 2018 6pm.
- Those who fail to inform our office, the Hong Kong Arts Festival Society Ltd reserves the right to charge the absentees the event fee. The absentees may have low priority to join our future activities.
Photo Credit: Rolline Laporte
The 2017-18 Artists-in-Residence Project is supported by